The Short, Impersonal Interview
Said the marketing director of a local real estate developer to me, "It takes a certain level of maturity to be able to sustain work and life abroad. We have engineers and architects who get opportunities in Dubai, Riyadh, and Singapore, but you see, I personally am to help my own country so I choose to work here."
Made me then think if I could just bargain for the maturity when I actually start living the life outside the country, or will I need to have a big bulk built in my nerves beforehand? I would like to think that I am prepared for this, yet I know that there will be a lot more things to learn and experience. So I just count on what my lungs can do for the moment, and look forward to seeing it get more exercised as I swim beyond the sea borders of this so-called life.
And do workers who choose to work outside their home country help their country less? If outside work could support and feed members of this home country better, then isn't that a great help to rely on?
Having said straight my future plans not anymore aligned to theirs, I gave my word of thanks and left. The whole back-and-forth travel was even longer than that final interview. Nevertheless, it was worth an advice to ponder about-- an advice that should bring me to Seoul!
And do workers who choose to work outside their home country help their country less? If outside work could support and feed members of this home country better, then isn't that a great help to rely on?
Having said straight my future plans not anymore aligned to theirs, I gave my word of thanks and left. The whole back-and-forth travel was even longer than that final interview. Nevertheless, it was worth an advice to ponder about-- an advice that should bring me to Seoul!
0 comments:
Post a Comment