Monday, May 12, 2008

After The Long Wait

I have just been to the Korean Embassy. And finally, here it is! Now I don't know what to expect next. I feel like rejoicing, perking myself up with travel preparations, and saying goodbyes to close friends--- but at the end of all the thinking, I calm myself and wait. There will still be more serious negotiations. Most important of which are the living arrangements for our two-year tenure. I'll update as soon as it comes final. The Immigration of Korea has granted us the E-7 Special Activities Visa.

Eligibility for this particular employment visa is as follows:

A.) Employees under a contract with a public/private organization
1.) Teacher of the foreign school or foreign language reviser of the public/private organization
2.) Those offering technology, skill, or expertise to a public/private organization
3.) Those employed with special position that are considered to be able to contribute to national competitiveness
4.) Managers or coaches that are invited by the sports organization, and are proven to be able to contribute to the promotion of sports
5.) Administrators hired by a foreign legislation in Korea or a foreign organization
6.) Core employees of a corporation with inward foreign direct investment, a branch of a foreign corporation or a foreign company (not applicable to those without an agreement of transfer from the head of present place of work)
7.) Those who seek employment as a staff of a Korean transportation corporation such as regular ferry or the Geomgang Mountain Tour Ship

B.) High Technology such as Information Technology
1.) Those seeking engagement in the field of information technology, e-business, bio-technology, nano-technology, new composite material, transportation facilities, digital appliances, or environmental energy in the domestic corporation with the recommendation of the Minister of related Ministries.


Quoting it from the Korea Law website,
"This E-7 visa is similar to E-4 except this is reserved for all other special activities that are specially designated by the Ministry of Justice. Therefore, if you are going to be working for a domestic, Korean company and you possess certain skills or knowledge that are unavailable in the Korean domestic market, such as foreign attorneys and tax accountants, then this E-7 visa is probably for you. It should be noted that E-7 visa is generally granted for only those positions that are difficult to fill with domestic Korean employees due to the shortage of Korean workers."

Geez. I am filling a position that local Korean employees are unable to fill in their labor market. Well, well, well, talk about personified luck! Haha. I now think if I could actually fill in the shoes properly. Golly.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP