Friday, May 9, 2008

The Extra Vigilant

This could be the biggest sign of how I so much doubt what life brings to me, skeptic!

----------Still receiving job interviews after having my working visa approved----------

But like what I always say, I am just into taking extra vigilant actions— always on the lookout for any possible danger out of this surprisingly good slap of luck on me. Anything can still twist and happen. It’s good that I can still have something to fall back on.

It was a whole day of professional meet-ups today, completing a series of examinations for a multi-national market research company in the morning, and speaking to a manager of a market research arm of a local real estate developer in the afternoon.

In the countless job interviews that I have been to since I finished college, I am actually close to admitting that meeting up for job interviews is a secret hobby. Haha. Since I learned that it’s actually a good exercise for the mind and mouth to do job interviews with companies even if you have no intentions of pursuing employment with them, I have taken advantage of the little prestige of getting inside the buildings of these companies that everyone wants to be into.

Different faces, different styles. Here is my list of the most frequently-asked and unforgettable interview questions:

1.) How do want me to call you? And I always say the same name, of course.

2.) So why don’t you tell me something about yourself? And I have managed to have the same script told over the years.

3.) How do you see yourself five years from now? Now at least for this one, I have psyched different pictures of the future. This is just plain hard for me. Haha.

4.) What do you think can you contribute to the company? I don’t know, I really don’t.

5.) What do you look for in a leader? Talk about some serious question. That interviewer was pretty conscious of herself, I guess. I knew she was going to be my boss, and she and the department she’s handling was pretty new. I will always remember that face of her with this question.

6.) What was the last book that you read? An interestingly cool last question by some manager of a multi-national market research company. I think I answered, “The Catcher In the Rye. It’s goddam swell, if you really want to know the truth.” Haha. Go read the book so you’ll understand that one-liner that I threw as an answer.

7.) Do you also know how to have fun as a person? Hahaha. Unforgettable. Of course! Wanna hitch me tonight? Nyahahahahaha. Maybe I looked too serious for her. Geez.

8.) What do you think of our economy? Usually after they find out about my Economics degree. Duh?

Don't worry. I know deep inside that I am looking forward to the adventures of my supposed work outside the country, I am just too scared to be so happy too soon.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP