The Pagudpud Escapade
Since I have been debarred from the working arena in February of this year to keep my fingers crossed with this out-of-the-country work experience, which by the way, is currently putting the biggest stress on my round-eyed face, it’s amazing how I am so much feeling the itch now to go to more places in the Philippines. I sometimes think if this is actually close to speculating, “Probably because you won’t be seeing your country in quite a while, and you won’t have this breeze of a time anymore when you get to serious, far-away work. So you would like to take advantage of the time remaining.”
That’s what’s good when you don’t have a job and you’re finished with school, you suddenly have all the time in the world to do what you want. What’s bad about it though is you won’t forever have enough dough to spend on everything, with all the available time that you’re boasting. Well, what I just said may be relative, because some people may still have parents who are willing to shoulder expenses while they are bumming around, or probably a big amount of savings from their previous jobs for them to squander and be merry. I neither have both.
Anyway, ! FIRST STOP!
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte— At the northern tip-most of the country. Like, if you draw the Philippine map and start from the top, then move your pencil counter-clockwise to form that long, close-to-oval-shape of the Luzon area, Pagudpud would form itself right at the stroke of it.
Things I won’t forget:
1.)
Distance from the capital city. Oh, the 12-hour bus ride. On a tight budget with two of my friends, we sure couldn’t afford the more expensive one-hour plane flight to Laoag, so off we enjoyed the bumpy, edge-of-the-bus seats. One-way bus fare (500-550 php) is just a quarter of what we would’ve paid on a one-way plane trip to Laoag, taking note that the plane ride won’t even get us straight to Pagudpud. But of course, choice of a bus can be a lament to one’s lovely ass.
2.)
The serene environment. If you have been so much used to the raving night life of beach hotspots like Boracay and Puerto Galera, you might actually scare yourself during your stay at Pagudpud. Night crawls in quite early in the place, and there practically are no people who stay late in the streets as early as eight in the evening. Perfect for a good night sleep, I suppose. And maybe, for sharing of some horror stories? Haha. Corny.
3.)
Smashing waves. Especially at the place they call the Blue Lagoon, which if I may just describe as ‘oh-so-heavenly’, the waters could practically punch your senses off. I had a taste of it, so I just ended up sitting on the sand and looking at the crystal blue waters from a few feet away. How else could I appreciate it more? The waves are ALWAYS strong, if not high, I tell you. Oh, with a surfboard maybe =p.
4.)
Friendly people. They help you out, and they make you feel comfortable. From the resort owners to the tricycle drivers, they sure know how to mix good business and camaraderie together.
All in all, the place is all-worth it. It definitely is a place I would like to go back to if I want to spend it privately with someone special, or if I feel like doing some deep thinking. It sure is a serious diversion from the honking horns and blinding lights of the city.
That’s what’s good when you don’t have a job and you’re finished with school, you suddenly have all the time in the world to do what you want. What’s bad about it though is you won’t forever have enough dough to spend on everything, with all the available time that you’re boasting. Well, what I just said may be relative, because some people may still have parents who are willing to shoulder expenses while they are bumming around, or probably a big amount of savings from their previous jobs for them to squander and be merry. I neither have both.
Anyway, ! FIRST STOP!
Pagudpud, Ilocos Norte— At the northern tip-most of the country. Like, if you draw the Philippine map and start from the top, then move your pencil counter-clockwise to form that long, close-to-oval-shape of the Luzon area, Pagudpud would form itself right at the stroke of it.
Things I won’t forget:
1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
All in all, the place is all-worth it. It definitely is a place I would like to go back to if I want to spend it privately with someone special, or if I feel like doing some deep thinking. It sure is a serious diversion from the honking horns and blinding lights of the city.
0 comments:
Post a Comment