Friday, May 15, 2009

Whatthebook

It must be the laxity that I am getting from work these past weeks (thankfully) that suddenly pushed my whore-ish tendencies over books, and it made me itch for new paperbacks to read. It actually started with this Facebook (FB) application that I found out from somebody else’s profile. It’s called WeRead. I kind of liked it, so I added it to my FB profile, listing there all the books that I remember having read. I know I have not listed all, though. I then said that it would be nice if I could add more to my list, and so the search for new books to buy started. I am missing the books that I left back home in the Philippines.

There is a pretty neat online service from a foreign bookstore here in Korea that gave me my first ordered books online, ever. The bookstore is called Whatthebook, owned by an American guy named Chris, who is married to a Korean. I haven’t been to the actual store in Itaewon, though I would love to go there some time. Since the itch came while I was busy googling at work, I decided to get my new book-reads by having it delivered to our apartment. The website is very easy to navigate, with categorizations that make one's book selection very easy. I went ahead and checked out the “Used Books” section, and made my choices there. The site offers several payment options, and since I do not own a credit card, I went ahead and wired my payment from my bank account to the bookstore’s. It’s amazing because a few hours later, I got an e-mail already confirming such online order and payment.

I made the order and wired my payment on a Thursday afternoon, and the books arrived today, Friday. Which really makes a first-time customer like me extremely happy as it basically exceeds customer expectations :-). The site said that the delivery for my chosen books will be after two business days, and well, it came just the day after! Delivery days for books generally vary in the bookstore, depending on the availability of the chosen books.

Anyway, here's an attempt to balance my life in general with my newest book purchases:



I just thought I'd go back to reading the latest fiction reads, while still struggling to read on something related to my field of work. Haha, goodluck to me!

0 comments:

  © Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP