Saturday, November 29, 2008

Weeh! You're Welcome.

Awww, I am equally touched. I'm telling everyone, my current life here is making me go back to the conventional ways of maintaining contact with people. Who says snail mails are dead? This whole technology frenzy is just making the old practice of licking envelopes of much, much value. Emotional value at that.

Strangebrew, you're welcome.

I'm happy to know that my cards are actually reaching my favorite people on earth. Since I have been here, the post offices here have proven to be such a friend that I would pay a visit once in a while whenever I have to send birthday cards to friends in the Philippines. A regular snail mail costs 580 won, which takes 10 to 15 days to send.

I've never really been typically sweet, but I can be the most thoughtful, and I guess the "subconsciously" emotional type, therefore liking things that could pull some tears. Haha, those who have seen my rather strong, "palaban" character may be surprised to hear this. To put it aptly, I think I will just forever be the appreciative type who will never forget to show gratitude to people who have shown, and continuously show me kindness and love, that I decide to commit myself to do the same to them. More than being extra-emotional given my far-from-home situation, I think I have just reached this stage in my life where I am gathering the people that I have decided to own for keeps. I mean, despite time and distance, they are people whom I want to give the deal of still being there for them.

You see, life is really about the relationships that you are able to maintain, more than those that are started. Any relationship can start with the simplest hello, but maintained by a certain level of commitment that is constantly re-assured.

END OF POST. NO MORE

1 comments:

marielle

life is more about the people you love and the people who love you, it's that simple. it's not about what your job is, your salary, your gadgets, or what ever materials things that you have because at the end of the day it is more important to know and feel that there are people who keep you sane without having to work hard or have to be techy, all you have to do is stay connected even in the littlest way you could.

  © Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP