Filipino Gang in a Foreigners' Hotspot
I spent the morning in Itaewon, a popular foreigners' district, located in Yongsan-gu in Seoul. I wanted to check the fashion shops that abound in the area, since I found the need for some tights and socks to wear in the office. It really is getting cold where I am now, and I have been doing some layering with clothes. I have been sporting trenchies for two weeks now.
Since all skin colors exist here, the place should then really live up to the demand of the area with the same diversified tastes and way of having fun. Restaurants, pubs, and bars that speak of different flags are bannered in Itaewon:
You could’ve guessed that I just did a lot of walking, and not went inside any of these restaurants in broad daylight. And well, further walking curiously led me to some amateur shooting. Being the natural superstar wanna-be that I am, I stopped for a quick look just enough for a guy to greet me in Filipino. Apparently, the film shooting featured Filipinos in it, and was in the middle of practising their parts in the stint, when I passed by.
I spent about an hour with the Filipino Methodist group that was invited to participate in that amateur film, sitting inside the Starex van that brought the whole troop there. Everyone was just so friendly and accommodating. I was even close to joining some of them in a singing stint in that film, only that I needed to head home.
I met a pastor, an ESL tutor, a member of a Filipino pop band, and an office employee for an American boss. Here is a shot with the student production anyway— the most that I got to achieving my superstar dream. Haha, way to go!
And here's the Filipino gang:
0 comments:
Post a Comment