First Week at Work
One thing sure, it’s going to be a real challenge for me. Adjusting with life at home with my roommate slash work colleague, and keeping up with the demands of the new job— it sure will test the wits and PATIENCE out of me.
Everybody in the research center has really been so kind and welcoming, making it easier for us to adjust and compose ourselves. We couldn’t thank them enough. I would still personally get skeptic at times, when I get those looks from people, and they then start talking in Korean, which I of course still do not understand. I just rest myself with the thought that it is just how people would normally react when they see something new, and, well… a little unique. Teehee.
Monday
We went to Tong Yang’s headquarters in Euljiro, a district in Seoul for our medical examination. We were accompanied by Mr. Why Guy and his friend from the Human Resource Department, after which we grabbed a quick snack and proceeded to the Immigration office to apply for our alien card. We paid 10,000 won for the said registration. In the afternoon, we did the rounds in the introduction, meeting each and every member in the six departments that comprise Tong Yang Securities’ research center.
Tuesday
Great, great idle time. *harhar*
Wednesday
Second round of the great idle moment. In the afternoon though, Filipina colleague and I finally got our laptops. Weeeeeeeeh!
Thursday
Had lunch with Mr. Soh, a senior boss in Tong Yang, whom we actually had the job interview with, back in Manila in August 2007.
Friday
Had lunch with the whole Global Research Team (without Mr. Why Guy, who took his vacation since yesterday).
Sorry for making this entry so diary-ish. Teehee. When you’re in such an alien land experiencing everything for the first time, all you just want to do is record all that life is offering you.
Everybody in the research center has really been so kind and welcoming, making it easier for us to adjust and compose ourselves. We couldn’t thank them enough. I would still personally get skeptic at times, when I get those looks from people, and they then start talking in Korean, which I of course still do not understand. I just rest myself with the thought that it is just how people would normally react when they see something new, and, well… a little unique. Teehee.
Monday
We went to Tong Yang’s headquarters in Euljiro, a district in Seoul for our medical examination. We were accompanied by Mr. Why Guy and his friend from the Human Resource Department, after which we grabbed a quick snack and proceeded to the Immigration office to apply for our alien card. We paid 10,000 won for the said registration. In the afternoon, we did the rounds in the introduction, meeting each and every member in the six departments that comprise Tong Yang Securities’ research center.
Tuesday
Great, great idle time. *harhar*
Wednesday
Second round of the great idle moment. In the afternoon though, Filipina colleague and I finally got our laptops. Weeeeeeeeh!
Thursday
Had lunch with Mr. Soh, a senior boss in Tong Yang, whom we actually had the job interview with, back in Manila in August 2007.
Friday
Had lunch with the whole Global Research Team (without Mr. Why Guy, who took his vacation since yesterday).
Sorry for making this entry so diary-ish. Teehee. When you’re in such an alien land experiencing everything for the first time, all you just want to do is record all that life is offering you.
2 comments:
good luck in your new job. :)
Thank you, Aileen! You too, you seem to be doing so much and having such fun in it. :-)
Post a Comment