Thursday, July 3, 2008

On Ellen

I am going to end this week as a couchpotato. Again.

I caught on the Ellen DeGeneres Show today, and only Ellen could do this. She’s amusingly crazy at times. Hitting the head with a bottle? The beauty queen sure looked scared when she caught on Ellen with the bottle at hand. Haha. That’s far worse than a peppermint spray on the Puerto Rican title holder, who was allegedly sabotaged in the beauty contest, but nevertheless got the crown despite the itching brought about by the peppermint put in her evening gown.




I sure have become an Ellen DeGeneres fan since I caught on her on cable television as the funny and laid-back lesbian host of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, occasionally doing that famous center table stunt, as part of her dance routine in the daytime show. I admire the fact that she’s already in her fifties yet she looks so young and happy in those dance moves of her. She’s not really the makes-your-tummy-ache kind of comedienne, but her relaxed demeanour in that couch she sits on everyday makes you drag your own chair for some easy time with her-- without ever thinking that it’s going to be some heavy sex-oriented talk. Well, ever since she came out in 1997 to talk about her sexuality, there have been both praises and backlashes. She sure is gay, but is making it look like it’s so normal and fine. Talk about the stars that she gets to have chit-chats with— JT, Mariah, Obama, and Beckham. Come on. But what’s also nice is she gets to talk to even the most normal of people— from the regular guy who returned a $2M dollar check that is not his, to a toddler who can recite the presidents of the United States in their right order. The show has showcased the most adorable and talented kids on earth, and you know how I love children! Charice Pempengco owes the show her first exposure to the US audience, if I may add. Oh, and the game shows and product endorsements that she does. All funny.

Ellen dresses well too, if I may say. I love her sweaters and blazers.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template by ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP