Med Exam
I woke up at around 8am today in preparation for my morning poop so I could scoop a sample stool that I will have to submit for medical examination today. After the seminar that we attended yesterday, my colleague and I passed by BioMedix, found at the 3rd floor of Robinson’s Galleria, which is just across the POEA office. We inquired about the basic charge (it’s 850php for a Phase 1 med exam), and in return were advised to bring stool from home that is 2 hours fresh at most.
I ate breakfast, rested a little, then took a bath. I pooped while taking a bath at 9.30 am, yet got to the clinic in Ortigas at 1.30 pm already. So technically, it was rotten stool that I handed to the laboratory, but I didn’t tell anyway. Haha. I didn’t mean to have it expired for long. For one thing, I left at 10.30am. But much to my dismay, I got a text message from my mom along my travel telling that I forgot to bring my wallet. So I had to wait for my mother, who ran after me and arrived at the exact place where I already was when I found out I have no wallet, at forty-five past twelve. (You might think how I got to wherever I was without my wallet, I had a separate purse for my coins and smaller bills).
So I arrived at the clinic and paid my fee, then filled up some forms. I was then led to the clinic’s comfort room and was asked to pee for urine testing.
The Phase 1 medical examination actually consists of the following tests:
1.) Fecal Analysis- examination of the stool
2.) Urine Analysis- examination of the urine
3.) Complete Blood Count (CBC)
4.) Blood Typing
5.) Chest X-ray
6.) Physical Examination- examination of mouth, ears, and eyes using that tool with an orange light. Women’s breasts are examined for any lumps, as well as the rectum for haemorrhoids.
7.) Psychological test- a usually two-hour written examination. It includes a personality test, an analogy test, and some personal information.
8.) Pregnancy Test (for women) - where one’s blood pressure is taken
9.) Dental Exam
Highlight of today’s medical examination would definitely have to be the 3,400php that I had to shell out for my dental fillings. I didn’t really expect that to be able to get a dental clearance, the dentist had to sort of force me into filling up eight tooth holes all at once. Well yeah, I felt like I was threatened. The dentist knows I needed his clearance to complete medical examination. For goodness sake, each tooth-filling costs 400php!!!! I thought the dental exam would do plain check-up and just advise on which teeth need attention the soonest. I remember that gay dentist saying to me, “Para makuha mo na clearance mo ngayon, pagawa mo na kahit yung walong fillings.” Coz according to his check-up, I have 11. It sounded so scary to me that I have that many to fill, I could even have you thinking if I have any oral hygiene left in me. Thing is, I just don’t think it was that many, and if they really were, all 11 of them don’t really need immediate action. I really hated it when I had to give in simply because I am pressed with time already. That gay dentist by the way holds his clinic just in front of BioMedix at Robinson’s Galleria. Hmpf, moneygrubber!
I ate breakfast, rested a little, then took a bath. I pooped while taking a bath at 9.30 am, yet got to the clinic in Ortigas at 1.30 pm already. So technically, it was rotten stool that I handed to the laboratory, but I didn’t tell anyway. Haha. I didn’t mean to have it expired for long. For one thing, I left at 10.30am. But much to my dismay, I got a text message from my mom along my travel telling that I forgot to bring my wallet. So I had to wait for my mother, who ran after me and arrived at the exact place where I already was when I found out I have no wallet, at forty-five past twelve. (You might think how I got to wherever I was without my wallet, I had a separate purse for my coins and smaller bills).
So I arrived at the clinic and paid my fee, then filled up some forms. I was then led to the clinic’s comfort room and was asked to pee for urine testing.
The Phase 1 medical examination actually consists of the following tests:
1.) Fecal Analysis- examination of the stool
2.) Urine Analysis- examination of the urine
3.) Complete Blood Count (CBC)
4.) Blood Typing
5.) Chest X-ray
6.) Physical Examination- examination of mouth, ears, and eyes using that tool with an orange light. Women’s breasts are examined for any lumps, as well as the rectum for haemorrhoids.
7.) Psychological test- a usually two-hour written examination. It includes a personality test, an analogy test, and some personal information.
8.) Pregnancy Test (for women) - where one’s blood pressure is taken
9.) Dental Exam
Highlight of today’s medical examination would definitely have to be the 3,400php that I had to shell out for my dental fillings. I didn’t really expect that to be able to get a dental clearance, the dentist had to sort of force me into filling up eight tooth holes all at once. Well yeah, I felt like I was threatened. The dentist knows I needed his clearance to complete medical examination. For goodness sake, each tooth-filling costs 400php!!!! I thought the dental exam would do plain check-up and just advise on which teeth need attention the soonest. I remember that gay dentist saying to me, “Para makuha mo na clearance mo ngayon, pagawa mo na kahit yung walong fillings.” Coz according to his check-up, I have 11. It sounded so scary to me that I have that many to fill, I could even have you thinking if I have any oral hygiene left in me. Thing is, I just don’t think it was that many, and if they really were, all 11 of them don’t really need immediate action. I really hated it when I had to give in simply because I am pressed with time already. That gay dentist by the way holds his clinic just in front of BioMedix at Robinson’s Galleria. Hmpf, moneygrubber!
2 comments:
ang mahal naman. did you try hi-precision diagnostics? it's on quezon avenue. mas cheaper ata. or at least back in 2006.
i just had my medical exam today, too, for our company's annual physical exam. wala akong biyaran, though.
Ay naku, ganun ba... That Biomedix Clinic in Rob Galleria's actually the cheapest na that we found for our needed medical examination (at 850php). Another POEA-accredited clinic in the same mall charges 1,700php for a Phase 1 med exam eh. A clinic naman somewhere in Manila charges 1,680php. So there, I went ahead and had it at Biomedix.
Tiis tiis nga lang muna eh, kung hindi lang talaga kailangan, hehe.
Post a Comment