Hangeul
In the days and weeks that I have been bumming around with life, I’ve sporadically gone online for tutorials on speaking and writing the Korean language, in what I foresee as one of the most basic preparations that I have to do before I venture to Kimchi-land.
It didn’t really turn out hard to learn, compared to how I initially thought it would be. Any foreign language can be really intimidating at first, and with how seemingly complicated the strokes of the Korean letters go, anyone may have second thoughts of pursuing the language.
But hey, if I want to confidently strut my stuff in the streets of Seoul and not end up doing some Charlie Chaplin moves, I better force myself with it.
It didn’t really turn out hard to learn, compared to how I initially thought it would be. Any foreign language can be really intimidating at first, and with how seemingly complicated the strokes of the Korean letters go, anyone may have second thoughts of pursuing the language.
But hey, if I want to confidently strut my stuff in the streets of Seoul and not end up doing some Charlie Chaplin moves, I better force myself with it.
The Hangeul (Korean Alphabet) has 24 letters-- 14 consonants and 10 vowels. It is considered to be one of the most efficient alphabets in the world and has garnered unanimous praise from language experts for its scientific design and excellence. At first quick glance, it may resemble the Chinese language, but the Hangeul actually has simpler lines and curves used.
I can practically read and write the 24 letters now, though when they all get jumbled up in the Korean rules of writing, I still get a little confused. I'm taking everything easy though with practice and eventually through exposure when I submerge myself with the everyday Korean life. Goodluck!
I can practically read and write the 24 letters now, though when they all get jumbled up in the Korean rules of writing, I still get a little confused. I'm taking everything easy though with practice and eventually through exposure when I submerge myself with the everyday Korean life. Goodluck!
0 comments:
Post a Comment