Friday the 13th
A local noon time TV show I chanced upon the screen today sure had its way of commemorating the classic Friday the 13th superstition, informing me of a new trivia on a question that it asked in one of its studio games.
Any month that begins on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th. Haha. Cool.
I can pretty much imagine the logic, given there are seven days a week, and fourteen days in two weeks... and… nah! My mind is sure not capable of presenting some algorithm on this, I’m sure you’re getting the blurry picture anyway.
Now I don’t know where to officially put into good use this new ‘oh-i-see’ tip… to forewarn me I guess as early as the first day of the month if I have to cancel a weekend plane trip? Haha, I really do not know.
I’ve never really been a big fan of this, and actually find most superstitions ridiculous. Even history and fables have dim proofs on this particular bad omen. It’s pretty alarming though that there actually exist earthlings who are oh-so scared of it, there is actually a phobia dedicated to this:
paraskavedekatriaphobia
Uhuh, repeat that again, please. I caught on your tongue twisting. Haha.
The Friday the 13th concept is simple: The combination is unlucky. Friday, being the day when Jesus died, and 13 being the irregular number transcending the number 12, which in numerology, is the number of completeness (twelve months of the year, twelve apostles of Christ, twelve signs of the Zodiac, blah blah), is plain bad.
All I can say is this: Even the faintest luck in this life is being worked for. Believe me. Its good or bad kind is indirectly brought about by our actions-- how it affects the universe we subconsciously conspire with (yes, I heart Paulo Coelho!). It's something that you don't chance upon a falling star in the sky, though you can always look above the same heavens to rather pray and get the faith.
Any month that begins on a Sunday will have a Friday the 13th. Haha. Cool.
I can pretty much imagine the logic, given there are seven days a week, and fourteen days in two weeks... and… nah! My mind is sure not capable of presenting some algorithm on this, I’m sure you’re getting the blurry picture anyway.
Now I don’t know where to officially put into good use this new ‘oh-i-see’ tip… to forewarn me I guess as early as the first day of the month if I have to cancel a weekend plane trip? Haha, I really do not know.
I’ve never really been a big fan of this, and actually find most superstitions ridiculous. Even history and fables have dim proofs on this particular bad omen. It’s pretty alarming though that there actually exist earthlings who are oh-so scared of it, there is actually a phobia dedicated to this:
paraskavedekatriaphobia
Uhuh, repeat that again, please. I caught on your tongue twisting. Haha.
The Friday the 13th concept is simple: The combination is unlucky. Friday, being the day when Jesus died, and 13 being the irregular number transcending the number 12, which in numerology, is the number of completeness (twelve months of the year, twelve apostles of Christ, twelve signs of the Zodiac, blah blah), is plain bad.
All I can say is this: Even the faintest luck in this life is being worked for. Believe me. Its good or bad kind is indirectly brought about by our actions-- how it affects the universe we subconsciously conspire with (yes, I heart Paulo Coelho!). It's something that you don't chance upon a falling star in the sky, though you can always look above the same heavens to rather pray and get the faith.
2 comments:
"how it affects the universe we subconsciously conspire with" - sa alchemist ba yan?...hehe
tumpak! hehe, fan ka rin niya, ang alam ko.
Post a Comment