The Smiley Drunkard
I will try to write it closest to how it was said. The words in bold are the loveliest to the ears.
“I can see that you smile a lot, and that you have the personality… you appear to me as someone whom I know I can always drag to some drinking spree, but will always know her boundaries." (Mr. Mokong in an interview with Ms.Are-You-Sure-You-Wanna-Get-Me?)
In short, no one can ever put a drunkard like me to bed! Bwahahaha!
May he just be honestly voicing out first impressions to interviewees, and semi-flirting around, or plainly selling the idea that I may be fit for the managerial position that the company’s offering, Mr. Mokong sure made me feel goddam good about myself.
Ok, fine. So it did not tell more importantly about my capabilities in handling the real work, but hey. It was such a compliment to me: The girl who knows how to have fun, but keeps his head up and one! (Huh?)
Very seldom do I feel really light after an interview, not going over the answers I had thrown to the many questions, and cursing myself with my stupid words and tied-up tongue. I sure can be my own worst critic at times, you see. Yet Mr. Mokong had his sure way of making me feel that I'm still good despite the minor lapses, which can be blamed to my mere lack of technical experience, but which can be acquired anyway. That what he more importantly banks on is one's attitude.
Oh yes, the extra vigilant once again had a stint at some job interview. It was just plain hard to ignore, since it was from a market research company. Even before I found out work related to those stocks and bonds, I was already scouring for the list of multi-national market research companies that hold their office in our country, so I could iron my resume for them. That’s where I told myself I would want to be. And that’s why they called for me.
I can even say that I was close to giving up my employment abroad with this interview. It takes such a cool, funny guy to convince me, and a charm I solely call mine to convince him back. (Naks, flirtness!) But since I am holding on to the grander opportunity outside the country (grander = bigger moolah), I showed ambivalence in the seemingly high trust that they showed to me in offering a managerial position that would give me the main perk of touring the whole Visayas region.
Believe me, it would've been another cool opportunity for me. I loved the offered job, and I loved the fact that they are giving it to me. I feel bad that I had to let it go.
What hit it was this: "Are you sure you want to get me?" (reply to Mr. Mokong when he asked me if he should endorse me to the country manager for the final interview for the area manager position. Mr. Mokong is by the way the Division Head to which the area managers are under.)
Since when did anyone looking for a job question an employer like that?
“I can see that you smile a lot, and that you have the personality… you appear to me as someone whom I know I can always drag to some drinking spree, but will always know her boundaries." (Mr. Mokong in an interview with Ms.Are-You-Sure-You-Wanna-Get-Me?)
In short, no one can ever put a drunkard like me to bed! Bwahahaha!
May he just be honestly voicing out first impressions to interviewees, and semi-flirting around, or plainly selling the idea that I may be fit for the managerial position that the company’s offering, Mr. Mokong sure made me feel goddam good about myself.
Ok, fine. So it did not tell more importantly about my capabilities in handling the real work, but hey. It was such a compliment to me: The girl who knows how to have fun, but keeps his head up and one! (Huh?)
Very seldom do I feel really light after an interview, not going over the answers I had thrown to the many questions, and cursing myself with my stupid words and tied-up tongue. I sure can be my own worst critic at times, you see. Yet Mr. Mokong had his sure way of making me feel that I'm still good despite the minor lapses, which can be blamed to my mere lack of technical experience, but which can be acquired anyway. That what he more importantly banks on is one's attitude.
Oh yes, the extra vigilant once again had a stint at some job interview. It was just plain hard to ignore, since it was from a market research company. Even before I found out work related to those stocks and bonds, I was already scouring for the list of multi-national market research companies that hold their office in our country, so I could iron my resume for them. That’s where I told myself I would want to be. And that’s why they called for me.
I can even say that I was close to giving up my employment abroad with this interview. It takes such a cool, funny guy to convince me, and a charm I solely call mine to convince him back. (Naks, flirtness!) But since I am holding on to the grander opportunity outside the country (grander = bigger moolah), I showed ambivalence in the seemingly high trust that they showed to me in offering a managerial position that would give me the main perk of touring the whole Visayas region.
Believe me, it would've been another cool opportunity for me. I loved the offered job, and I loved the fact that they are giving it to me. I feel bad that I had to let it go.
What hit it was this: "Are you sure you want to get me?" (reply to Mr. Mokong when he asked me if he should endorse me to the country manager for the final interview for the area manager position. Mr. Mokong is by the way the Division Head to which the area managers are under.)
Since when did anyone looking for a job question an employer like that?
0 comments:
Post a Comment